…than a man who loves his daughter shamelessly.
Okay, this week I’m smiling and I’m smiling! There are such great reasons!
1. A new fantabulous camera that’s going to take me far and wide.
2. Tried, and loved, a new Kung Fu school – Bamboo Kung Fu. I haven’t trained at a studio in about 2 years, and this is the worst shape I’ve ever been in in my entire life. I’ve gone from sports, to dance, to Kung Fu and these last two years since having baby have been the slowest, athletically speaking. Boy did it show! In my complimentary class I had my tushy kicked! *Frankly, I was a little embarrassed at my performance* Every muscle currently hurts, and every muscle is currently crying out in agony to be put out of it’s misery….and I love every single second of it!
True, it’s not my perfect school if I had my way, and I have to unlearn certain ways of moving that have been ingrained in me, but it’s definitely the best place I’ve tried in Toronto in years. I’m so eager to go back. I know many of you who read this are in Toronto as well, so maybe I’ll see you there? I’ll be the girl wincing in pain and smiling through it all.
3. Top Shot! Top Gear! Man vs Wild! Love Netflix, and love these reality tv shows. With the three combined I`ve got super marksmanship, cool cars and ridiculous stunts, and a man doing extreme things to survive in extreme environments. It doesn’t get much better than that.
4. I have the funniest dog in the world. Seriously Drake, where did you learn to pose like that???
Here’s what has me smiling this week:
1. The beautiful weather that allows so many days spent in the park.
2. The fearlessness of my little babe going down slides, running up stairs….
3. The strength and health of my heart to take all her fearlessness.
4. The tea shop by my work that almond milk as an option.
What made you smile this week?
This week has been a struggle to stay positive with the cold, the lack of sleep, loud neighbors breaking both of our rest, etc etc. But that does not mean that it has been devoid of joy. So on that note, here’s this weeks smiles.
1. The random choice and order of letters that had Baby spelling ‘fetch’ one morning.
2. The bright and warm day on Wednesday when we spent a large portion of the day out and about in the outdoors.
3. The game of civilization that some friends and I played. So good!
4. The port that has kept me company two of the evenings that Andrew has been away on his business trip.
It’s great to be back with my little munchkin, even though she is being extra whiny and clingy lately. I think that’s my fault for disappearing on her for ten days. Hopefully, she’ll forgive me soon and trust will be reestablished.
This week I’m smiling because of:
1. This lovely girl – precocious, smarty pants, and already loving dark, bitter coffee. The screams when I try to take it away from her? Oh dear!
2. Thai take-out – the cold I’ve been keeping at bay with adrenaline has finally hit me full force leaving me wanting hot, starchy take-out. Yum!
3. My tablet – letting me read all three books of The Hunger games series in the last week and a half!
What made you smile this week?
|View from the Gym.|
This week I’ve been away from my family working at the Auto Show for Subaru. I have to say the days are long and my body is tired, but it’s been the exact thing I’ve been needing. It’s given me a chance to be Joanna, not ‘Mama’ consistently for a few days straight and, even though the work is hard, it’s so wonderful to have that freedom to not be ‘Mama’ for a while. It’s mentally refreshing. Adding to this great refresh is the knowledge that I’m making a wonderful income and that for a while at least I’m definitely the main bread winner and the one supporting my family. Yes, I have missed my baby, and I’m missing her so much I’m watching videos of her on my computer just to her great personality. I really needed this break and recharge from being ‘mama.’
I’ve also got a chance to go out with my co-workers in the evening and get a bit silly, and to be honest this is so much fun and it’s so freeing to be able to do that.
But I also realized just how much I need me time and quiet time. Between working and talking to people all day and sharing a hotel room, I’m not getting any solo time. So one night, after going out, I went by myself to the one place I knew would be totally deserted late at night – the hotel gym. I just sat there in that darkened room looking out the window and got to be alone with my thoughts with no one around. I got to sit in my mind and just be in the stillness of a room that had been devoid of people for hours. There was a pure peacefulness about it. And that ten minutes of sitting there was the exact thing I was needing. It was a zen moment of peace, stillness and reflection.
This whole week I’m smiling.
There’s a few things that made my week this week:
1. The new tablet I got – such a wonderful gift from my husband.
2. The 10 year old port my friends got me as a belated birthday present – so yummy!
3. The project I’m away doing, and they put me up in a fabulous hotel for it!
4. Getting to work with Monica on another Nadia Burkoff episode:
It’s been one hard week. I’ve been sick as a dog. I actually had to miss an event I’ve been really looking forward to because of it. Poo! Anyway, it hasn’t been all bad. Here’s what’s brought a smile to my face this week:
1. Mint tea to soothe the savage throat.
2. Husband giving much needed comfort when you’re sick.
3. My little purple yogurt face!
4. All the amazing people who’ve voted for me on Circle of Moms! Keep it up, once a day please. Just click on the icon and find ModaMama then vote! It’s that easy.
Your support means so much to me!
This week was a challenge I tell you because I’ve been in a bit of a funk, but here’s what I’m thankful for:
1. Games night with friends – more on that tomorrow.
2. Comfy jeans *pictured above* for weeks like this where I hate most of the things in my closet.
3. Red wine – so delicious and comforting after a long, long cold and wet day.
4. My smarty-pants little girl – she’s a hoot! *see below*
5. All of you – the best readers a girl could ever have!
|Top – Trove; Pants – Le Chateau; Necklace – Lulus; Boots – Locale; Bag – hand me down.|
Okay, time for another Saturday Smiles. These are going to be challenges for me, because to be perfectly frank I’m a realist verging on the pessimist. That means the glass is either half empty, or it’s just there regardless of your interpretation. But in the spirit of change, and in the desire to have a more positive vibe around me I’m going to do this all year in the hopes that every time it’ll be easier and easier to find 3-5 things I’m thankful for or that made me smile. And who knows, maybe soon I’ll have trouble keeping it down to ten! Here it is, Saturday Smiles.
- Hope and change – without which I would be forever stagnant.
- This skirt – the bow just made me grin!
- Chocolate – honestly, I think I may have to ban this one from the list soon…it’s kind of a given.
- My treadmill – running keeps me sane!
- Katie’s comment on my Funny Face post where she says I’ve been reminding her of Audrey Hepburn.
*link yours up*