My journey as a Mama has been an eventful one. Sometimes it’s been really hard and I wanted anything to take it all back, and sometimes it’s been really
wonderful and I couldn’t get enough. There are good days and bad days,
and all sorts of days in between. And tomorrow I’m starting a series
where every few days Mamas of all walks of life will share their
thoughts, experiences, and journey….their stories. It’s called
I was tired of reading all the Mama
bloggers out there who always have such wonderful things to say. They
seem to have the perfect lives: they have angelic children, make gourmet
cupcakes, run a business, have the perfect marriage, fly, leap tall
buildings in a single bound and do it all without a hair out of place.
It made me wonder what was I doing wrong? How could I suck this much at
it? I love my baby but what the heck is this secret that these women
have? Then I realized it’s not a secret, it’s editing.
just don’t mention the crappy parts like the time you’re crying in the
shower because you’re just overwhelmed by it all, or the time you wonder
how long it’s legal to ignore your crying baby in a crib ’cause you
just want some more sleep this time, or the stresses in any
relationship caused by the massive responsibility of parenting. No one
talks about that. They just blog about the delicious roast chicken that
night, not the fact that the roast chicken ended up being thrown on the
floor by a frustrated mama or frustrated toddler – take your pick.
here’s a a series from open, honest and vulnerable women. Women who
are amazing mothers, and amazing people, and who sometimes suck at it
too. Because the truth is no one gets it right all the time, and the
sooner we say it’s okay to have days that suck, and it’s okay to cry,
and it’s okay to get it wrong, the better we’ll all be.
women who have contributed, and who continue to contribute, I want to
say thank you from the bottom of my heart for trusting me with your
You amaze me.
of the stories are light and some are heavy, that’s just the way the
cookie crumbles, but all are honest, all give you a glimpse into the
woman, and all are unique.
I hope you enjoy it. *more on the way!*
- “My Two Cents” my own piece about this subject.
- “Not Baby People” with Tricia from Mama Marchand’s Musings.
- “One And Done” with Katie from Hems For Her.
- “Good, Bad, Ugly And Funny” with Hanna from Bouffe e Bambini.
- “Regrets” with Michelle from The Momma Bird.
- “She Saved My Life” with Liz from Blue Eyed Owl.
- “Seeking Answers” with Lena from Mom2MemphisAndRuby.
- “Hearts Outside Ourselves” with Melissa from Mama Style.
- “To Laugh” with Beth from Through The Eyes Of The Mrs.
- “Time Off” with Chelsea from Sunny With A Chance Of Sprinkles.
- “It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint” with Esther from Lovingly Thrown Together.
- “Lessons In Love” with Megan from Absolute Mommy.
- “Being A Mama” with Megan from And Here’s To You, Mrs. Robinson.
- “Hello Crazy” with Lindsay from Little Mudpies.
AnonymousJanuary 19, 2012
I love this post. You inspire me : )
Proud Mama of 2
AnonymousFebruary 14, 2012
Amen! I mean it's not all rainbows and butterflies. Which doesn't make us bad mothers or people-just human. We love our significant others to death-and sometimes wish we could run away from them just to get a moment of peace.
I appreciate the good, bad, ugly and amazing approach. It not only gives a more accurate portrayal of what motherhood really is, it also allows us to forgive each other and ourselves for just doing our best.
bonnie-bonnbonnboutiqe.blogspot.comJune 5, 2012
can't wait to read up on this series! Seems like it's right up my alley! Just had a meltdown yesterday, because my husband didn't take out the trash again! With 2 kids and one on the way, I just can't do it all myself!
Stopping by from Fontenot Four:)